CEAR/MRIC Behavioral Insurance Workshop 2018
Date: December 10/11, 2018
Behavioral economics and behavioral finance typically incorporate cognitive and social factors in modeling economic decisions. These include decisions made by the buyers and sellers of insurance-related products. The field of behavioral insurance attempts to explain many of the discrepancies between theories and observations within insurance markets.
The workshop will be hosted by the Munich Risk and Insurance Center (MRIC) at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) in Munich, Germany, and organized by Andreas Richter and Jörg Schiller. It will be held in cooperation with the Center for the Economic Analysis of Risk (CEAR) at Georgia State University. The preliminary schedule has Professors Martin Kocher (Institute for Advanced Studies, Vienna), Matthew Rabin (Harvard University) and Rakesh Sarin (UCLA) giving plenary talks.
Please submit proposals electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org as file attachment in PDF or MS-Word format by July 31st, 2018. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by September 17th, 2018 and completed papers will be due by October 31st, 2018. To access the call for papers, please click here.
Please find the workshop's prelimiary program here.
Registration and Hotel Reservations
Registration is now open for accepted authors, keynote speakers and other invited attendees. If you have not yet been invited and would like to register, please contact Lu Li (email@example.com) since we have limited capacity for additional participants.
The MRIC has blocked a contingent of rooms in Munich. For more information please click here.
Scientific Review Committee
- Glenn Harrison, Georgia State University
- Johannes Jaspersen, LMU Munich
- Martin Kocher, Institute for Advanced Studies
- Alexander Mürmann, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Charles Noussair, University of Arizona
- Andreas Richter, LMU Munich
- Jörg Schiller, University of Hohenheim
- Justin Sydnor, University of Wisconsin (Madison)
With additional support from
- Verein zur Förderung der Versicherungswissenschaft in München e.V.
- CEAR/MRIC Behavioral Insurance Workshop 2016
- Photos from the 2016 Workshop
- CEAR/MRIC Behavioral Insurance Workshop 2014
- CEAR/MRIC Behavioral Insurance Workshop 2012
- Munich Behavioral Insurance Workshop 2011
- ProgramBIW2018 (245 KByte)