Executive Board of the Munich Risk and Insurance Center from left to right: Prof. Andreas Richter (Director), Prof. Johannes Jaspersen, Prof. Francesca Biagini, Dr. Stephanie Müller (Program Coordinator, currently on maternity leave), Prof. Thomas Ackermann, Prof. Martin Kocher*
*Prof. Kocher has left the Executive Board for a position at the Institute for Advanced Studies and the University of Vienna.
Welcome to the Munich Risk and Insurance Center at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Munich!
The Munich Risk and Insurance Center (MRIC) was founded on February 3rd 2010 to support further research activities in the field of risk management and insurance. The Center will provide a joint roof for several insurance scientists working in Munich with well established networks all over the world. The MRIC aims to bundle these competences and make Munich globally visible as an important insurance research and teaching location and provide infrastructure for an active exchange between theory and practice.
The MRIC is part of the Munich School of Management but seeks to be interdisciplinary in its activities. The main goals of the MRIC are:
- intensifying the interdisciplinary and international focus of research and teaching,
- promotion of young academics,
- active exchange with MRIC Visiting Fellows,
- promotion of and service for insurance students: exchange programs, events for students to meet industry representatives, and job-placement,
- executive education, such as via the Executive Master of Insurance (E.M. Insurance),
- creating a platform for scientific exchange.
The MRIC is financially supported by the Munich insurance industry